Losing a pet is even more traumatic than losing a family member, and the grieving process is similar to losing a loved one. Those pets are our morale boosters, our walking companions, and even our bedmates. They always cheer us up, make us laugh, and create beautiful memories.
Healing can be difficult, but there are some resources to help you through. You can check out 30 Loss of a Dog Quotesfor Sympathy and Comfort that will soothe your heart. You can also use these sympathy quotes to prepare pet memorial gifts or simply send encouraging messages to your loved ones.
Loss of a Dog Quotes About Death and Life
Life and death are the natural courses of life. However, the memories and happiness that pet owners feel when they are with their pets will make it difficult for them to accept the loss. The life cycle of puppies and other pet friends is much shorter than that of humans, so separation is inevitable.
Death loss of a dog quotes
It's not easy to get over the loss, but being able to acknowledge it and seek further emotional support is very important for the physical, mental, and spiritual health of pet owners. You can use these loss of a dog quotes to prepare pet memorial gifts like remembrance candles, condolence keepsakes, etc, or simply send encouraging messages to your loved ones.
- “Heaven, or the Other Side, is all around us. It is not in some faraway place. Your loved ones are just a thought away.” — Karen A. Anderson, “The Amazing Afterlife of Animals: Messages and Signs from Our Pets on the Other Side”
- “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big.” — Erica Jong
- “Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.” ― Leo Tolstoy
- “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- “You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Dog Quotes For Comfort After a Dog Pass Away
When our pets die, the emptiness will make us miss those friends more. Take time to think about the good things that happen when you are around your dog, it will give you more strength to return to everyday life.
- “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers, stage and film actor, humorist, and social commentator
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. ” – Mark Twain, novelist, short story writer, and humorist
- “I heard somebody define heaven once as a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you ever loved run to greet you.” – Robert B. Parker, author
Loss of a dog quotes
- “Heartbreak is life educating us.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives, and I am quite satisfied that it is out of compassion for the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?” – Sir Walter Scott
Sympathy For Loss of Dogs
Those who don't keep pets, probably haven't experienced it yet, but they will still understand the pain of losing a friend to their pet owners. You can write cards, giving sympathy quotes for the loss of a dog, to show sincerity for your loved one. This is a huge emotional support for them and helps them think of more positive things.
- “Grief is pervasive. It cannot be quarantined any more than love can be quarantined. Grief affects all areas of life.” – Shelby Forsythia
- “If you’ve ever wondered what the right thing is to say to someone who’s grieving a death, I think this is it: Tell me all about your dear one.” Duchess Goldblatt
- “Suppressed grief is like an ember. It radiates a burning glow in the chest. If disregarded, it could rekindle a fire.” – Anoir Ou-Chad
- “His ears were often the first thing to catch my tears.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Loss of a dog quotes images
- “Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.” – Rita Mae Brown
Loss of a Dog Quotes for Grieving and Healing
Think about the puppies. They may no longer exist in this world, but they are still watching you from afar and always wishing you the best. Maybe they will always be standing somewhere, waiting for the day to be reunited with their master.
May these loss of a dog quotes could help you to overcome the pain:
- “Some angels choose fur instead of wings.” – Unknown
Loss of dog quotes for a friend
- “Heaven is a place where all the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you.” – Oliver Gaspirt
- “Those we love may come and go, but just like a rainbow doesn’t stay. They’re never very far away.” – Richard Lawrence Belford
- “All the love you ever gave is waiting for you there at Rainbow Bridge.” – Kate McGahan
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” – John Taylor
The Final Sympathy Loss of Dog Death Quotes
The last sympathy loss of a dog quotes are goodbye sayings to good memories of the past. As time goes on, pet dogs will always hold a special place in the hearts of their owners. Saying goodbye is not easy, but it is necessary so that we can move on and move toward a happier future.
- “The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.” – Ben Hur Lampman
Quotes about loss of a pet dog
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
- “You think the final act of love is setting them free to Rainbow Bridge? That is not the final act of love. The final act of love is releasing them from your leash of grief so they can be free in heaven on the other side of the Bridge.” – Kate McGahan
- “A good dog never dies, he always stays, he walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near, his head within our hand in his old way.” – Unknown
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbel
The blog has provided loss of a dog quotes to help them overcome the pain of losing their best friend and companion. You can also send these words to your loved ones, and friends who have just experienced the loss of their dogs.
Separation can bring great pain, it can also make you agonize and fall into a state of sadness for a long time. However, time will gradually heal the wounds. The little animal friends themselves will also want their owners to continue to live happily.